Full Time IR/RCIS Technologist
Vascular Solutions of North Carolina was founded by Dr. Sid Rao. VSNC is a first-of-its-kind multidisciplinary practice with a state-of-the-art office-based lab (OBL) in Cary, NC dedicated to the eradication of unnecessary lower extremity amputations in patients with peripheral arterial disease (PAD). Dr. Rao's focus lies in opening the blood flow to patients with limb-threatening PAD with minimally invasive endovascular procedures. Our belief is that patient outcomes can be maximized when offered timely services outside of traditional hospital-based treatment paradigms. Dr. Rao partners closely with other medical providers to ensure his patients are receiving the best care possible. We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for learning, a drive for quality and professionalism, and a desire to make a difference.
Vascular Solutions of North Carolina is seeking a Full Time Radiology Technologist (IR/RCIS). The responsibilities of the Full-time Radiology Technician are included but not limited to:
· Assist Physician with administration of contrast media and with arterial, venous and percutaneous procedures.
· Assisting in diagnostic and interventional procedures including scrub operating all equipment/devices as appropriate.
· Transfer images to the PACS system and check image quality and proper identification.
· Positioning patient on examination table and adjusting immobilization devices as required to obtain optimum views.
· Assumes care for physical and psychological needs of patients during examinations and procedures to ensure safety and comfort while preparing for and while undergoing interventional procedures.
· Applies principles of radiographic protection using beam restriction devices, patient shielding skills, and knowledge of applicable exposure factors, to minimize radiation to patients and staff.
· Participates in activities which promote professional self-growth and development; meeting minimum requirements for continuing education as directed by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
· Sets up sterile tray, cleans and disposes after procedure.
· Coordinate work to achieve maximum productivity.
· Transfers patients onto medical equipment, wheelchairs, and stretchers.
· Assists in maintaining inventory for department.
· Utilizes center information system, hemodynamic monitoring software and PACS system software.
· Responsible for preventative maintenance of interventional equipment.
· Performs routine safety checks and inspections of equipment to ensure these are current, in good order and ready for use.
· Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
· High school graduate or GED.
· Recent experience in Cath lab, Specials, EP, or similar setting.
· Graduate of a JRCERT accredited Radiologic Technology Program.
· Registered by the ARRT and or RCIS
· Licensed by the State of North Carolina as a Radiologic Technologist.
· Current BLS certification required.
· ACLS recommended
· Organizational skills, communication Skills, interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to handle situations that may arise as a result of high volume of patients.
· High level of accuracy and detail orientation required.
· Lift 5-10lbs. for restocking supplies.
· Must provide a negative drug screen result prior to employment.
If this job is right for you:
· You are a dynamic person who is also flexible.
· You want to work where expectations are made clear in advance.
· You are passionate about the work you are doing and are uplifted by making a difference in patients’ lives.
Job Type: Full Time
• Medical Imaging: 1 year (Preferred)
• BLS Certification (Preferred)
• ARRT Certification (Preferred)
© 2023 Vascular Solutions. All rights reserved
Made with ❤️ by Decole Technologies