PRN Nurse/Part-time Nurse
Vascular Solutions of North Carolina was founded in July of 2020 by Dr. Siddhartha Rao. VSNC is a unique multidisciplinary practice with a state-of-the-art office-based lab (OBL) in Cary, NC. We are dedicated to the eradication of unnecessary lower extremity amputations in patients with various illnesses, including Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD). Dr. Rao's focus lies in restoring blood flow to patients with limb-threatening PAD using minimally invasive endovascular procedures. We also perform a variety of minimally invasive treatments for chronic deep venous thrombosis, and superficial varicose veins. Our belief is that patient outcomes can be maximized when offered timely services outside of traditional hospital-based treatment paradigms. We partner closely with other medical providers in our surrounding communities to ensure patients are receiving the best care possible. We pride ourselves on being a team of individuals who are aware of their unique strengths and are confident in the skills they bring to our company. If you have a passion for learning, a drive for quality and professionalism, and a desire to make a difference in your community, we would love to hear from you!
We are seeking an experienced PRN Registered Nurse with a minimum of two years’ experience in Cath-Lab, PACU, ICU or ER settings. Experience with conscious sedation, medication and monitoring preferred. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who works independently and efficiently towards the goals of the team and the company. This position will require a minimum of 2 shifts per 8-week period. Monday – Friday, no weekends, holidays or call. Hours vary from 7:00am – 6:00pm. Pre-Employment Federal background check and drug screening is required.
· Maintain the pre and post procedural areas of the clinic to ensure all items are readily available and accessible daily.
· Pre, Intra and Post Procedure patient care, including monitoring vital signs and documenting the patients chart appropriately.
· Placing follow up calls the day after procedure to ensure patient is stable and progressing as they should.
· Educating patients and necessary caregivers before, during, and after their procedure, making sure they understand what to expect during every step of their procedure and answering their questions as needed.
· Calling in prescriptions and any needed refills, obtaining prior authorization as needed.
· Being proactive in procedure room set up, making sure all necessary supplies are available and fully stocked. Coordinate orders for supplies that are running low.
· Administer sedation medication and monitor patients vitals during the procedure and ensure the chart is updated with accurate information regarding their care and stability intra procedure. Assist with other tasks as needed.
· Manage lab orders pre-procedure and immediately notify physician of any abnormal lab results.
· Daily communication with other clinical staff regarding patient care, supply needs, and other various information.
· Effectively triage patient phone calls as they are received.
· Positive demeanor, dedicated to the highest quality of patient care.
· Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Nursing.
· Valid, unencumbered nursing license in North Carolina.
· 2 years of Cath Lab, Specials or IR experience, Emergency Room, ICU or PACU strongly preferred.
· Must have up to date BLS and ACLS certifications.
· Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Patient centric personality, with a drive for success.
· Time management skills with a proactive mindset.
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail required.
· Must provide a negative drug screen result prior to employment.
· Lift 10-15 pounds when stocking supplies.
· Comfortable standing for extended periods of time.
© 2023 Vascular Solutions. All rights reserved
Made with ❤️ by Decole Technologies